There are thousands of things I love about my wife. Here are 100 of them.
by Matt Michaelis
1) She has a genuine interest in how I am doing.
2) She is great at asking questions.
3) She loves Koalas.
4) She knows how to word things in potentially sticky situations.
5) She understands how I work, despite how complicated I am.
6) She finds joy in being in “her kitchen.”
7) She has developed a good balance between being a “doer” and a “relaxer.”
8) She has developed a strong sensitivity to people’s feelings.
9) She has freckles.
10) She receives energy from socializing.
11) She has a smile that radiates happiness.
12) She understands how I best need to handle setbacks.
13) She treats everyone the same—as if they were her friend.
14) She loves chocolate.
15) She ran a marathon only a year after picking up running.
16) She gets over things fast.
17) She understands how hard I try at various things.
18) She is outgoing and friendly, much more than I could ever be.
19) She makes me feel like I’m funny.
20) She will let someone in as far as they are comfortable enough to go, and she will befriend someone as far as they are comfortable enough to be befriended.
21) She is good at cultivating an eternal perspective.
22) She sees me for all my positive characteristics.
23) She tries to cultivate righteous desires.
24) Her “maturity rate” is exponential. She has grown so much in our marriage, and I mean that as a compliment.
25) She is a hard worker—in everything—she isn’t the type of person that lives life in 2nd gear. She is passionate in everything she does.
26) Deep down inside, she is a little girl — who likes to dress up, has a curiosity of unicorns and princesses, and will always be willing to watch “Never Ending Story.”
27) She has worked hard over the years and become an amazing cook — but not by most people’s standards. She specializes in things that are fat free, whole wheat, and sugar free...and makes them taste amazingly good.
28) She is a bargain shopper. She is a coupon nazi and has the humility to shop for clothes at a thrift store.
29) She is, because, she cuddles.
30) She works hard to set up dates with me by finding babysitters and bargains for date activities.
31) She wants “us time” more than “me time.”
32) She is always trying to get me to watch chick flicks.
33) She is non-judgmental and good at giving people the benefit of the doubt.
34) She likes being outdoors and enjoys traveling to new places.
35) She is very smart, but is not cocky about it.
36) She always knows what’s going on in a movie.
37) She is financially savvy.
38) She loves berries.
39) She is calm when our kids are sick.
40) She copes well when she operates on little sleep, and is actually quite amusing.
41) She is good at persevering through trials.
42) She would rather be in harmony with me over winning a battle.
43) She is not the type of person who will go off and do something crazy — she is a homebody.
44) She loves the beach.
45) She laughs.
46) She gets down on the floor and plays with her kids.
47) She is very much in touch with her aesthetic Autumn.
48) She loves planning social gatherings.
49) She cares about family more than self.
50) She leaves overly thorough phone messages.
51) She is an amazing dancer, and always whines about missing dancing with me.
52) She is a strong woman — she doesn’t complain much.
53) She is passionate about molding our kids’ little minds.
54) Though she rarely knows which way is north, she always knows where everything is at.
55) She is great at assessing whether something is important or not — I confider in her because she has a great ability to sift what should be focused on in a situation.
56) She is an open-minded person.
57) She makes birthdays and holidays so fun and special, to say the very least.
58) She makes our kids feel so validated for their accomplishments.
58) She is committed to magnifying her callings.
59) Whatever is important to me, or our kids, is important to her. She can watch a basketball game or pretend to be a transformer as required.
60) She is passionate and knowledgeable about health and fitness.
61) She is faithful.
62) She always says she is not attracted to other guys, and I believe her.
63) She is a good prayer, she makes things very heartfelt.
64) She exercises hard — she puts her aerobics students through boot camp too.
65) She is always the type of person that I will always be attracted to — pregnancy weight or not, make up on or not. She has no clue how beautiful she really is. Sometimes I like that but sometimes I really wish she would see herself as I do.
66) She is sympathetic.
67) She is a very clean person.
68) Having been an artist, she understands and appreciates artistic and creative endeavors in others.
69) She is a very good runner. She consistently finishes in the top 10 percent of females in all races she runs.
70) She is patient with me about the things that I do that bother her.
71) For some reason, and I don’t know why, I know that she will never talk bad about me to her friends.
72) She is not politically stubborn.
73) She is great at teaching gospel principles to our kids.
74) She loves spending time with my family.
75) She loves flip flops.
76) When she is pregnant, she waddles.
77) When she is not pregnant, she walks with confidence.
78) She is service-oriented. She often makes cookies for those who may be having a hard time.
79) When I’ve had a bad day she tries harder to make a good meal.
80) She will read as many books to our children as they want in one sitting.
81) She is great at answering our children’s questions.
82) It is impossible for her to have cookies without milk.
83) She is very laid back.
84) The first thing she does when I get home from work is talk to me. I love that because the last thing I want to talk about when I get home is work.
85) She is great about initiating the spiritual things when I forget to.
86) When we were engaged, she wanted more than anything to secure the possibility of a temple marriage, so she initiated setting rules for physical expression.
87) She has a wonderfully developing sense of humor.
88) She enjoys musicals.
89) When she hears a catchy love song for the first time, she repeatedly sings it (while bobbing her head) for the following few days.
90) She gets so much out of watching her favorite TV show is “The Biggest Loser.”
91) Whenever I commit serious fashion faux pas, like wear socks and sandals, she politely recommends alternatives.
92) With our boys being mamma’s boys, she always tries to find ways to get them to want to do things with me.
93) She is adamant about taking pictures of our family.
94) She is very unselfish.
95) She really wants to go see France with me someday.
96) When our kids are not around us the first thing she does is hold my hand.
97) She makes running any type of errand seem doable and stress-free.
98) Honestly, I can talk about anything with her.
99) Her personality stands out in a crowded room. Like sunshine breaking through the clouds.
100) I love her because she is Autumn, and she is the love of my life.
Back-to-School Feast 2017
1 month ago